Monday 31 May 2010

People print of Arsenal fans – Open edition litho

Last Day At Highbury

Recently I was approached by a Spurs fan who asked if I'd made a 'grown-up' print for them. Sadly no, I hadn't; but what did he mean by that?

He said he was 28 and felt too old to have a footballer hanging on his wall. He wanted a Spurs version of this, a proper celebration of the fans for a change. So, in a bit of retrospective niching, this is my first, and probably last attempt at a poster for who like art as well as football.

Anyway, if you remember it was a great swansong. Henry got a hat-trick.  Arsenal's last game at Highbury in May 2006. They beat Wigan 4-2. I photographed thousands of fans and made this loving assemblage.

I also drew the beautiful old East Stand since it's never been shown like that, being seen only in cramped perspective since it was built in a maze of narrow streets.

This image was produced as an open edition on 150gsm cartridge, A2 (420x594mm) It is available, signed by me for £25 including postage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment