Wednesday 13 June 2012

New Exhibition: Jazz pictures at Ashley Wood

http://www.ashleywoodfarm.org.uk









I've got a feeling that things might be looking up. I'm not sure why, but in the midst of a recession I've been persuaded by Clare Martin, who runs the fantastic Ashley Wood Farm, to put on a show of paintings and prints.

Mostly they will be about music, and mostly, since it is one of my first loves, about jazz. Or rather, the people who largely figure in its history. If I've got  time I'll finish the drawing of lovely Amy Winehouse (who was jazz to the bone), to go with Sarah Vaughan, a true hero.

The private view will be on 13th July, which is a Friday. If you're visiting it would be very wise to get a room at the Beckord Arms, only a few minutes away.

I'll put up more images as and when, meanwhile spread the news.

3 comments: